Saturday, January 31, 2015

What is Belief and why does it matter?

A belief is a composite view or mindset that consists of a set of ideas or assumptions, theories we assume to be true.
The belief you hold may be implicit and underlying expressed through our attitude and behaviour shaped by early conditioning – what we witnessed and observed in our families and internalized growing up as impressionable and dependent children; or what we absorbed from books, teachers or peers we admired and respected - or even feared.
A belief can also come from a direct experience – an inner experience, insight, realization – a knowing that’s helped us make sense of or give meaning to our world. Many of our disempowering and limiting beliefs are often shaped through compare and contrast thinking, for example:

I see myself as fat and unattractive  when I compare myself to the models and celebrities that on billboards and in those endless fashion magazines.
I think of myself as uninspired and uncreative when I compare myself to the great artists of all time.
I believe I’ll never succeed in life. I don’t know what I have to offer anyone so I won’t bother even trying.

Beliefs that limit or empower are memory circuits or loops that are based on past events and triggered by association that the brain assumes to be objectively true.
We assume, for instance, that gravity is a real force and exists no matter what.
However, when we pause to reflect and consider outer space, we know this assumed fact not to be true. Your mental paradigm or belief structure provides you with an inner frame or context that helps gives meaning and context to your life.
Observing your thoughts and behaviours shed light on your underlying hidden beliefs which either limit or empower you.
Releasing out-dated, limiting beliefs and replacing them with beliefs you choose is an empowering process that the DNA Activation process  facilitates. It can be challenging, if not impossible to realize on one’s own as the beliefs we hold form neural circuits or mental grooves with deep structural connections.
In the DNA Activation telephone session you will experience a process that balances your energy and begins to dissolve unhelpful beliefs.
It is a simple yet potent process that you take away with so you can continue to apply it as  you choose
violet_flame7@yahoo.co.uk to book your session

No comments: