Sunday, July 09, 2017

The Self is the ultimate originator of everything.

If it's difficult for you to just awaken, through plain knowledge,
through Jnana, then you practice self-inquiry.
Those of you who can. 

If self-inquiry seems difficult then you must surrender your body.
I find the easiest thing to do is self-inquiry. 

I know all of you who are here tonight can practice this if you really want to.
This is really a practice of negation. 

You are negating everything in the universe.
Starting with yourself and everything that seems to appear in your mind,
you inquire, "To whom has this come?" That's all.

You have negated the whole universe
and you negate all the thoughts by inquiring,
"To whom does this come? Who is feeling this?" 

Say you're depressed, instead of staying depressed
or taking some valium or trying to do something else that you learnt to do,
like for instance, they say if you feel depressed
if you do physical exercise it will get rid of it,
those things are only temporary solutions. 

When you inquire, "To whom does this come?"
You're seeking a permanent solution.
It comes to you then it comes to me, "I feel depressed!"
You ponder the I.
It is I that feels depressed and not you.
You say this to yourself.
You observe the I, you follow the I, you trace the I,
the I goes back into the Self. 

The Self is the ultimate originator of everything.

When you trace the I back to the Self, the substratum,
you will realize that the I never existed to begin with.
Therefore your depression and everything else
that is bothering you also does not really exist.

You do not work on your problems so called, you work on the I because
it is the I that feels all the problems.
It is the I that believes all the problems.
It is the I that has all of these preconceived ideas all these concepts.
It is the I that experiences karma, samskaras, it's all in the I. 

You therefore have to trace the I back to the heart center,
which is the Self and be free. You have to do it.

Of course as I said, if you will just awaken now.
The reason that most of you will not awaken
is because you are steeped deeply in your beliefs. 

Your belief system is very strong.
You feel things too deeply. 

You remember something that happened to you
twenty years ago and you're still feeling it. 

You feel the reality of this world very deeply.
Therefore you will not awaken. 

Awakening comes easy to a person
who can simply let go of the world.

-Robert Adams - T95 - Get the Personal Self out of the way! -
19th September, 1991