Friday, March 13, 2009

EFT clears fear of spiders

Another article I read concerns how EFT helped clear a fear of spiders..

I am ok with local spiders, but I did have to deal with spiders the size of my hand when I was in the rainforest in Peru.. A bit of a challenge, but there was a man in the group who was very scared of them. I helped him with other tools and it would have been even better if I had known about EFT at that time
The great thing is that this method is easy to learn to use for yourself


Thanks for the encouragement to share some of my stories as a LAY PERSON. I have quite a few, but my first experience was with a spider phobia. It was an effective way to demonstrate the effectiveness to myself which encouraged me to try it on many other areas.

In February of 1998 I ordered your tapes. I had become interested in the “tapping” phenomenon when I witnessed a friend’s grief therapy following the horrible tragedy of having killed a girl in a car accident.

While watching the tapes, I accepted the invitation to tap along with the demonstration on whatever I chose to address.
I thought tapping on spiders would be interesting.
I had already done a great deal of work to reduce the size of my phobia but knew there was more to do. They still gave me the creeps.

If I found one upon opening a cupboard I would be startled. If my husband was around I’d have him “remove” the spider for me. During certain times of the year I would leave the house with a broom in hand making swinging motions in the air as I went down the front stairs to swish their webs away (just in case there were any.) I always felt “surprised” to see them, anywhere. I actually felt like they were being deliberately sneaky just so they could upset me.

So, I tapped on spiders while I watched the tape learning about EFT.
The next day I walked down the sidewalk going to my office. I became aware of myself bending over, saying - as I watched a black spider crawling kitty corner across the walkway - “Well, where are you going you cute little feller?” I stood up and had to laugh.

Never in my life had I had any curiosity about any spider and “cute” certainly wasn’t ever a word I would have used to describe them!

That was almost a year and a half ago. Now, as Dr. Callahan and Gary remind us, tapping doesn’t make us stupid, so I don’t play with spiders
. I do however have a few daddy long legs with whom I cohabit.
One lives in my cookware cupboard, another in my bathroom, another right where I grab the garage door to push it open. I usually remember to be careful so I don’t “startle” him!

After that first success I went on to many more. This last April I attended the International Conference for Energy Therapy in Las Vegas learning some additional techniques. I continue to use the methods by myself on a daily basis and in “peer sessions” at least once a week with two of my friends who are also “tappers.”
We're diligently going after all kinds of "problems," getting lighter and clearer and more loving by leaps and bounds.
L. W.

No comments: