Thursday, October 06, 2016

108 Questions for Self Inquiry

108 Questions for Self Inquiry

1. Who am I?
2. Who is me?


3. Who was I before my first thought?
4 Who was I before I was named?


5. Is there a part of me that has never changed?
6. Is there a part of me that does not evolve?


7. Who asks who am I?
8. Who watches that one who asks who am I?
9. How do I know that I am?


10 .Who knows I am dreaming when asleep?
11. Who remains as me in deep dreamless sleep?
12. Who is the source of my thoughts?
13. How do I know I am thinking?
14. What is aware of my thinking yet does not think?


15. What is aware of my emotional responses yet is unaffected by them?
16. Who recognises my confusion yet is not confused?
17. The one who recognises my sadness, is that one sad?


18. What sees even when my eyes are closed?
19. Who hears what I am listening to?
20 .Who looks through these eyes?


21. The one who looks through these eyes does it get affected by what it sees?
22. Is there a place where I end?
23. Am I in the body or the body is in me?
24 .When I am in deep dreamless sleep where am I?
25. Who perceives me breathing?


26. Am I who I think I am?
27. Who in me knows no sin, shame or guilt?
28. Who listens to me think yet says nothing?
29. Who watches me make mistakes and never judges?
30. Who wants for nothing?
31. Do I have the sense of I AM?
32. Does that mean I am?
33. Who is the one who feels deep Peace and stillness?
34 .What about me is real?
35. What in me is uncreated, unborn and boundless?
36. What is more subtle than any imagination?


37. What is more subtle than any thoughts or concepts?
38. What is more subtle than any feeling or emotion?
39. What is more subtle than any state of consciousness?


40. What is more subtle than any realm manifest or unmanifest?
41. What is more subtle than any perception?
42. What is the substratum beneath my persona?


43. Do I have an edge?
44. Is there something in me uncorrupted by time?
45. What is the domain through which my thoughts flow?
46 .What is the source of causeless joy in me?


47. If I lost my memory who would I be?
48. When asleep dreaming is everything equally unreal?
49. What watches attention being focused?


50. Am I somebody ?
51. From where does my kindness arise?
52. From where does love arise?


53. What is more subtle than space?
54. Is being high nearer to the real?
55. Who is the authentic me?
56. Am I always acting?


57. The one who measures my success and failures is that who I am?
58. The one who evaluates life and everything in it, giving names, is that who I am?
59. Am I the role I play in life, the actor or something else?
60. Whose mind is it?


61. What is it that the mind itself is based on?
62. Is there something in me that can not be broken, damaged or upset?
63. Is there something about me that the intellect can not grasp?
64. What is the one source of suffering in me?
65. The one who knows i suffer does it suffer?
66. What is my body when I astrally project?
67. My thoughts of cause and effect are they concept or reality?
68. Is there a part of me for whom nothing ever happens?
69 Is there a part of me that is neither created, sustained or destroyed?
70. Who is it that I am that feels love?


71. Who the past says I am, is that who I am?
72. Who others say I am , is that who I am?
73. What is the clearing within which everything happens for me?
74. Who my thoughts say I am, is that who I am?
75. Who results show me to be, is that who I am?
76. The feelings,intuitions and realisations I have is that who `I am`?
77.The dreams, hopes and fears that I have is that who I am?
78. Who is the "I" that rises falls, thinks feels and comes in and out of consciousness.?
79. Beyond the sense "I AM" am I?


80. Who senses that "I AM"?
81. Who senses IAM boundless,spacious pure presence?


82. Who am I beyond subject/object paradigm?
83. Who am I when sight, seer and the seen are non different?


84. Who am I when the perceiver and the perceiving and the perceived are collapsed?
85. Who am I when absolutely no difference is seen just like in a dream?


86. Who am I when everything is seen as empty and meaningless?
87. Who am I when there is no centre, no body and no breath?


88. Who am I when peace is ..but not felt.
89. Who am I when there is just beginingless, unsurpassed, causeless joy?


90. Who am I when all that exists is unreal yet I am it all?
91. What is meaning, the meaning that I AM?


92. Who am I that underlies all that is?
93. Who am I that can never be seen?


94 Who am I that everything reflects?
95. Who am I that has never moved yet every movement is within me?


96. Who am I that everything has its existence then disappears leaving me untouched?
97. Who am I when I am equally distributed everywhere?


98. Who am I when undivided, supreme and imperishable?
99. Who am I when I embrace all things, states and beings in unbounded love?


100. Who am I when I am both the drop in the ocean and the ocean in a drop?
101. Who am I that knows my self through you?


102. Who am I that knows nothing ever is, was or could be apart from me?
103. Beyond all forms,thoughts and states of consciousness is what?


104. In every single moment of life, unchanging is what?
105. Above, beyond, within and throughout is what?


106. Who do all gods prostrate to?
107. What is the Supreme Shiva's secret?


108. Who is what they are looking for?

No comments: