Monday, October 31, 2016

YOU ARE NOT THE BODY

YOU ARE NOT THE BODY 

It has come to my attention that the mantra that I gave you
a while back is a little confusing to most people.
When you say the mantra, "Who am I, I am He, I am not the body." 


There's a little confusion.
I was speaking to one of you last week and
I saw where the confusion lies.
When you say, "I am not the body," to whom are you referring?
This is an important point.


"I am not the body," to most people means simply this:
"I am not my body." 


But I am a part from my body especially those of us
with a Christian Judaeo background.
We say, "My body is the temple for the living God and
God resides within myself."
This may be true to an extent, but it is not the ultimate truth.
The ULTIMATE TRUTH IS exactly what it says, "I am not my body." 


In other words, my body does not exist, but there are not two of us.
There is not I-am and my body or there is not God and my body.
There is not God residing in my body.
There simply is no body.
No body exists.
Therefore I-am, is that I-am.
You are consciousness just the way you are,
but you are not the body.
In other words what you think is the body, is consciousness.
There is not the body and consciousness.
There's the body as consciousness and
the body does not exist the way it appears.


Everything you see, everything that appears are images,
or what is called false imagination and
the only truth about these images is consciousness. 


These are all cosmic images on the screen of consciousness,
and that's everything.
You and I, the chairs, the couch, the sky, the moon, the universe,
are simply images, appearances, optical illusions.


THE TRUTH IS THAT YOU ARE CONSCIOUSNESS,
but you can't see yourself because of the maya, the grand illusion.
So you believe that you are the body and you are the doer.

~Robert Adams - T.12 : I Am Not The Body! - 28th September, 1990

No comments: