Wednesday, November 30, 2016

“I do not exist now,

wake up in the morning and say to yourself,
“I do not exist now,
I have never existed previously,
and I will never exist in the future."
When your mind is calm in the morning hours when you awaken,
you say something like this,
you will get a beautiful warm good feeling.
When you feel that you do not exist,
you are totally free from the reactions to the things that are going on.
There is no one to react any longer.
Therefore, everything that appears to be done by you,
will be done in a wonderful way,
all the time knowing that you are not the doer.

I know the teaching sounds absurd to most people.
Yet this is the teaching that has been propagated by Roshis, sages,
since the beginning of time. This is it.
This is your opportunity to awaken. Why not use it?
Do not let another moment go by where you’re sitting there
and believing and thinking something is wrong somewhere.

It's interesting, when you stop thinking of joy,
when you stop thinking of sadness,
when you stop thinking of good things and bad things, again,
something wonderful happens to you,
for you are no longer attached to anything.
Yet in this non-attachment, you feel love and kindness,
beauty and joy, in a totally different way.
Why not awaken now? Will you do this for me? Wake up.
Do me a favor. Stop playing these games.

~Robert Adams.

No comments: