Monday, January 30, 2017

There is only consciousness."

There is only consciousness."
I know this sounds strange to some of you
because you're so identified with your body-mind that you say,
"What about the experiences going on here?
What about this?
What about my rent that I have to pay next week?
And what about my husband who left me?
And what about my job that I have been terminated from,
that's all very real." 


Of course it’s real because you are identifying with the body.
So it is very, very real.
There are not two worlds.
There is not the world of the body, and the world of the universe,
and the world of your problems and affairs,
and also the world of consciousness. 


There is only consciousness and you are that.
Just listening to this sets you free. 


It sets you free from all doubt and limitation.
You begin to feel immortality.
You begin to understand that you were never born.
How can consciousness be born? 


And if you were never born how can you die? What dies?
Well, some of you say, "The body,"
but I tell you there is no body who dies.
There is just nobody home.
There never was a body, there is no body,
and there never will be a body.


If you can't see that yet, or feel it, don't worry about it.
All I ask you to do is to sit in the silence.
Everything will be revealed to you.
This is why I always tell newcomers,
"Don't believe me. Don't believe a word I say.
Find out for yourself."


-Robert Adam - T.40 - Only Consciousness Exists -
31st January, 1991

No comments: