Thursday, June 14, 2012

I take refuge in the Buddha

I shine my light into the darkness.


~In this case, are you ready to encounter darkness? Dark is the unknown. It starts with fear of the unknown, talking to the fear in others who we encounter. You are unfamiliar to them as they are to you. You will project on the dark whatever is within you. In doing so, you will journey within yourself.


I shine my light to other lights


~With this thought, you focus on the light within each person. To access that light, is a journey within yourself and within the other. Light reaches out to light. In doing so, it cuts through darkness. When lit by love, it transforms darkness; because love is not of ego or I vs you; love is I-you. If you can't yet be that love; then light reaching out to light creates a grid that cah illumine the darkness. That illumination is not a defeat of darkness but a being of all that is.


A wonderful teacher once showed me that you can hide as much in the light as in the dark. In allowing me to do so, she showed me the reason not to hide.

The three jewels


Buddham Sharanam Gacchami

Dhamman Sharanam Gacchami

Sangham Sharanam Gacchami


I take refuge in the Buddha


I take refuge in the Dharma


I take refuge in the Sangha, the spiritual community

No comments: