Friday, December 16, 2016

Self Enquiry During the Day-

SELF-INQUIRY
---------------------
You can do this all day long.
You're eating breakfast, ask yourself "Who is eating breakfast? I am.
Well, who am I?" and you keep silent.
Whenever you say "Who am I?" you always keep silent.


As other thoughts come to you, you again inquire,
"To whom do these thoughts come? To me? Well, who am I?"


Now you're going to work or wherever you're going.
Even when you're driving your car you can practice this.
You therefore can ask yourself, "Who is driving the car? I am.
Who am I?" and you wait. "Who am I?" again. 


As thoughts come, you do the same thing.
"To whom do these thoughts come?"


Then you get to the office.
You're going to find something very interesting happening.
When you have time and you're not concentrating on your work,
ask yourself again, "Who works? I do. Who am I?" 


You do this all day long.

When you go home, you're eating supper,
you ask yourself "Who eats supper? I do? Who am I?"


As you're going to sleep, you ask yourself
"Who's going to sleep? I am. Who am I?"


How long does it take before you become awakened and liberated?
This is determined by the effort you put into it.


If you inquire only in the morning, you've got a long way to go.
If you inquire all day long, you can never tell what's going to happen,
but I can assure you that your life will change drastically. 


You have to do it.
I can lead you to the gold mine, but you have to do the digging.


~Robert Adams - T81: Absolute Nothingness

No comments: