Thursday, December 22, 2016

Who AM I- the profound question

Waht if  the answer to the question "Who Am I?" is the Quiet that follows the question, beyond the question mark.

 What if that Ineffable Stillness that transcends words or thoughts or anything is the real "I".

"Pose the question “Who and what am I?” and await the answer to present itself.

 The thinking mind can never give the answer, because all thought is of limitation. 
So, in quietness and meditation pose the questions: 
“Who am I?” 
“What am I?” 

When other thoughts come up, strike them down. 
If you can't, ask 
“To whom are these thoughts? 
Well, these thoughts are to me.
 Well then, who am I?”
 and you're right back on the track of “Who am I?” 
Thus you eliminate the thoughts as they come up
Continue this until you get the answer to the question “Who and what am I?” regardless of how long it takes. 
The answer is the unlimited Self. 
The only way It becomes obvious is when the mind stills almost completely. " ~Lester Levenson

No comments: